Doing a site’s SEO is a difficult task but at least finding the right tools is easy. To make sure that your SEO efforts are paying off, it is important to examine their success. Hence, you need to audit your website for the same. This said, we have put together a list of 5 SEO audit tools you must use in 2021.
Optimizing a website for search engines is a complex task requiring hard-work and patience. Keywords, content, site speed, image optimization, and what not! On top of that, it needs continuous performance tracking and maintenance. To do the same with efficiency is impossible in absence of automation. Therefore, what software solutions you use greatly impact your overall Search Engine Optimization.
Search engines continually update their algorithms to improve their user experience. Therefore, optimizing your website for search engines can’t be a one-time job. It’s a continuous process. You have to continually look for scope of improvement and upgrade accordingly.
To effectively track performance, identify problem areas and improve, it is imperative to audit your website conclusively. For this, you need to settle for the right software solutions.
However, no SEO audit tool can meet all your requirements efficiently. Different tools specialize in different functions like-
- Technical SEO
- On-page SEO
- Page load speed
- Online traffic
- Keywords performance
…and so on. Hence, you will need to compare the tool’s key features with your requirements and decide accordingly.
Read below to find out some of the best tools that SEO professionals use for a website audit.
Following are the best 5 tools to use for SEO audit in 2021
Seobility is an SEO tool that helps audit your website. Below are some of the reasons why many professionals use this Germany based tool for auditing their website-
- Checks your ranking position
- Identify problem areas
- Suggests ways to fix problems
- Spot areas that have the potential for improvement
- Provides keywords checker
- Let’s you check your SEO performance
- It’s free!
- Seobility also has a web-based version
Woorank is a choice of many when it comes to ascertaining meaningful SEO metrics. It helps get a comprehensive report on your website’s performance so that you can optimize it to the maximum. Some of its best features are given below-
- Let’s you do technical, on-page, and off-page SEO of your website
- You can ascertain your site’s mobile and page load speed
- Helps fix crawl errors
- Find your site’s trust and authority
- Useful insights on social media engagement
- Allow you to check backlink count and quality
- Gives recommendations for improvements and fixing errors
- Downloadable and comprehensive audit reports
- Also, offer paid versions
This software tool is undoubtedly the best when it comes to checking your site’s backlinks. But there are more SEO audit benefits to it. Below is the list of some of the features that make Ahrefs a part of your best SEO audit tools list-
- Helps you review broken links
- Let’s assess the overall domain profile
- Identify critical SEO issues
- Provides useful insights into the competitors’ search traffic
- It can help you improve content marketing on your website
- Get alerts for new link opportunities
- Find low competition keywords
The fourth in our list of best SEO audit tools is SEMrush. It offers about 120 checks for SEO issues on your website. Moreover, you can do aggressive tracking of your competitors’ data to boost your SEO efforts accordingly. Some of its best benefits are-
- You can run a complete website audit
- This tool lets you do effective position tracking
- It helps find competitor ad copies
- You can also find the best SEO and PPC keywords
- Give a thorough backlink analysis
5. Google Search Console
Google is central what it comes to optimizing for search engines. This is because over 90% of internet search is done through it. Hence, it is imperative to understand how this search engine ranks your website. For this, Google’s own Search Console can come really handy.
Below are some of the ways Google Search Console help with SEO audit of your website-
- You get a useful overview of your website’s performance
- It helps spot indexation issues
- Ascertain your website’s impressions and CTR
- This tool also helps identify sitemap issues
- It’s web-based and free
- Get useful SEO performance metrics
- It is best for understanding
- The best part is, its Google’s own tool
Proper website auditing is crucial for tracking its performance in terms of SEO. Upon failing to do so, you can end up with wasted resources. Therefore, in order to prevent that from happening, using effective SEO tools is necessary. If you are not sure which tool to choose from, our list above can help you with just that. Seobility, Woorank, Ahrefs, SEMRush, and Google Search Console are some of the best options available out there.
Want to expand your knowledge on digital marketing and SEO? Make sure to check out our blog!